Here’s the perfect treat for when you’re craving chocolate! Made with heart-healthy and mood-boosting dark chocolate and potassium and vitamin B6–rich bananas, these frozen bites will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you feeling good.
3 ounces dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or greater
½ teaspoon instant espresso
- Slice banana into 16 quarter-inch slices.
- Skewer each slice with two prong skewers and place on wax paper; freeze for one hour.
- Create double boiler by placing metal bowl over saucepan with one inch of simmering water. Add chocolate, espresso coffee and stir continually until ¾ melted.
- Remove bowl from heat and continue stirring until completely melted.
- Take banana slices from freezer and dip in chocolate until completely coated, allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place on wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Makes 8 servings. Serving = 2 slices
Calories 80, Cholesterol 0 mg, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Sodium 0 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 1 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 5 g